Bye ANTS

CoMb_R

发布20 May 2013 - 3:55 am
Well it has finally come down to this..

A few of us were still holding onto a tiny thread trying to keep it alive but it seems that the thread has ripped and carried off into the wind. I come on periodically to see if anything is going on and it is always dead :(

So that is that...

I recently got a decent connection again and went back to a game I used to enjoy.. COMBAT ARMS

If any ANTERS want to.. come join me!
[You must login to view link]

You must login into Voobly to view image

:::CONTACT INFO:::

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Esrolvl

E-Mail: [You must login to view link]

If your ever in VEGAS HMU!!!!!!!
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 Phlegm

发布21 May 2013 - 7:32 am
You're about 10 years late on that bye but cya around.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 Lima

编辑22 May 2013 - 11:15 pm通过Lima
Phlegm wrote:
You're about 10 years late on that bye but cya around.

That is true, indeed, but still we were a small group of players that kept supporting and showing our pashion for the game. We enjoyed playing the game because we loved it. :) That what really matters.

The lack of support from Microsoft back then was evident, actually they didn't care at all about the community, and the introduction of different methods of cheating on the game pretty much ruined it all. To make things worse, there weren't really any counter-measures neither on the game or Zone. However, still a decent amount of players kept playing (up to 50, maybe?) but the game started to fade into oblivion. :(

Ultimately, I think it all comes to the players to show support for the game. Unfortunately, that didn't really happen except for a small group of people... I can't really tell why people quit and I really doubt that the reason is that they were extremely busy with work, college, etc. I bet that most of them still play games nowadays, maybe not so much as they probably used to, but still do, like myself.

You guys probably have more background than me on this. You should know more than me actually. When you have spare time, please comment. :)
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 Phlegm

发布29 May 2013 - 8:37 am
I know around 75% of the people in ARC have played Ants at one time or another over its history and a lot of ex anters play Uniball still. Most people just got older and moved on. All I know is having played through the speeding era it just ruined the game totally for me and I never could get interested again.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 Lima

发布29 May 2013 - 9:43 am
Phlegm wrote:
I know around 75% of the people in ARC have played Ants at one time or another over its history and a lot of ex anters play Uniball still. Most people just got older and moved on. All I know is having played through the speeding era it just ruined the game totally for me and I never could get interested again.

I see. I have played ARC as well, the original game and then Spark, but I was just a casual player. Playing overseas with a bad connection was annpying because I was aiming at ghosts all the time, lol. :P
Uniball is a hell of an interesting game. However, the learning curve is so steep. After playing it for like a month I was frustrated because I wasn't able to progress. I have watched some game replays and I can see after you get the hang of it, it can actually be a fun game indeed. :)

About Ants and cheating, I simply avoided the players that used to do it. An anti-cheat mechanism was still needed nonetheless. I really pity this situation, because the game has so much potencial for a sequel...
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 Bloodshedrising

发布25 March 2014 - 4:22 pm
I'm on a mission to re re revive ants
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 CoMb_R

发布12 April 2014 - 1:44 am
Lol, appreciate the effort Josh.. but it's not going to happen bro. Sadly the game is DEAD ;tongue

I'll update my contact info though:

:::CONTACT INFO:::

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/haole.husker

E-Mail: [You must login to view link]

If you are ever in VEGAS, LOOK ME UP!!!!
You must login into Voobly to view image

链接 | 回复 | 引用
 Timbo_

发布22 May 2014 - 12:34 pm
i really miss this game sometimes
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 alexffs

发布22 May 2014 - 12:49 pm
ants <3
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 PiChUWING

发布16 July 2014 - 5:21 am
Holy crap... I randomly thought about this game, and I google searched it. I recognize your names lol...

This is crazy.. it's been over 12 years lol

链接 | 回复 | 引用
[1]
从 1 10中展现10 - 0
讨论区跳转:
1用户正在阅读这个话题 (在过去的30分钟)
0成员1游客

What's popular right now: