Community Forums > Voobly General > Strategy Guides > Forest Nothing Lakes reuploaded for pics not showing in original guide

Forest Nothing Lakes reuploaded for pics not showing in original guide

MasterOfTitanic

发布4 July 2013 - 7:23 am
Forest Nothing Lakes Guide For a slinger in team games

Sorry for the re-upload, as the pics are outdated on tinyuploads and arent showing, I've almost finished a huns sling and cutting guide, ill be done very soon with them.

Forest nothing maps are maps with no gold/stone/boars/deer/sheep and are filled with trees.
forest nothing lakes is thing lakes is very similar to other forest nothing maps such as edge.
The only difference is that each player has a little more space around your tc(town center) as
well as a small lake three rows of trees away from you.

This map is usually played in team games. Generally what happens is that each team will have a
cutter(a civilisation that is able to produce siege onagers, most pick celts as they cut trees the
fastest) while the rest go random. Both teams will sling their cutter so that he or she can
produce siege onagers as fast as possible, to cut the rest of the team out so that they will have
room to boom, make military and set up trade routes. There are many different ways that this
game plays out as some people (me especially) love to rush, while others love to boom big and
attack later.

However I should point out that it is considered cheating to attack before all your allies are cut out
as the cutter could win the game solo if he/she decided to cut right to the enemy while his/her
allies kept giving resources to him/her.

Here is a general guide with a few pointers and tips of how to sling (I will post a huns sling guide
when I have more time). I hope that this will encourage a lot more people to play this map. As we
are in need of more forest nothing lake players.

Here is a screenshot of the map at the start.
You must login into Voobly to view image

First que as many villagers as possible and then build a house then a mill(some maps have the tc
one tile back so you may have to put the mill below the house) at the corner of your tc. Chop the
trees shown below:

Now when you have 455 wood if your aren’t Teutons, 395 wood if you are Teutons delete your tc
(yes I said delete your tc), and build three farms as shown below:

Delete your mill once your tc is back up and replace it with a house. Build villagers as soon as
you have 50 food until you hit 15 population, while cutting these trees below:

As soon as you hit 15 population delete your farms and houses and as u should now have enough
room for five farms, also start cutting the trees circled in red near the lake working your way back to the forest as you will need this space later:

As soon as you hit the water use a villager to build 3 docks, also keep an eye on your food count
as once you hit 450 food you will need to delete the two farms at the bottom and build a lc
(lumber camp) so you can click feudal as soon as your lc is up. Build houses while advancing,
and it should look something like this:

As soon as hit you hit feudal get bit axe. Delete lc as soon as bit axe is researched then
replace it with a house. Keep building villagers and fishing ships and fish traps whenever you
have the resources. Leave space in that corner of the lake for a fourth dock to help minimise
bumping when they drop food off:

Now you should be around the 23-25
minutes mark, build a mill then delete it so you can build a
market like so:

As soon as you get your market up sell food and wood till you have 450 gold (200 for castle age,
50 for coinage, 100 for banking but we talk about this later). I generally only sell food as it is price
is much higher than wood, as the cutters are the first ones to get markets up so wood selling
price is very low (note screenshot is taken from a game vs cpu/ai so i got full prices).
Research wheelbarrow as soon as you got the resources to do it as you will be population
capped at 35/35.
Now build a house right next to your market.

The trees circled in red is what you should be focused on, as this is where you will build so send
most of your villagers to chop them, as that is where you are going to build houses.

Build a house as soon as u get the space to build one while continuing to build villagers/fishers and fish
traps.

Send the villagers created at the tc all to cut the trees circled in blue.
Build a blacksmith as soon as u hit 65 population and delete it so you can advance to the next
age.
Delete the two houses to make room for another tc.
The circled yellow trees are now to be cut while you advance to the next age as space for
another tc. All this is shown in the next few screenshots:

While advancing to castle age research coinage in your market as this reduces the tribute fee
when slinging your cutter.
[You must login to view link]

As soon as you hit castle research handcart, bow saw, and banking while also building a new tc.
As soon as banking is researched as your cutter what he/she wants and give him/her it. Another
important thing is keep producing villagers while slinging, while also building fishers until your lake
is full like this:

The rest is really up to you wether u want to boom or rush. Hope you have fun playing it.
Note: There are many other ways of building up but this is just my way, after a few games you
will develop your own style of building up, this is just something to get you started.

A big thanks to all the other fn players out there keeping this map alive this guide is dedicated to you, and especially to Fz_,
H4KU, Blackmore and King_George_fn,sneaky,vns_deepsorrow who helped me to learn tfn maps.
By ImNoobSoWhat: Pm me here if you want to get some recs.
http://www.voobly.com/profile/view/123757708

Btw sorry for my poor editing skills.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 _Blackmore

编辑4 July 2013 - 7:47 am通过_Blackmore
You can edit the previous thread, would be better imo.
And I see the same images here, all ok but one not showing.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 InstaAoC

编辑15 August 2013 - 3:51 am通过InstaAoC
Despite it seems a little boring as it should require much time to cut all those trees, I wanted to try this match.

If there is any link download for it, could you post it?

链接 | 回复 | 引用
[1]
从 1 3中展现3 - 0
讨论区跳转:
1用户正在阅读这个话题 (在过去的30分钟)
0成员1游客

What's popular right now: