Community Forums > Voobly Community > Age of Empires II: The Conquerors > Random Map > How can a massive Elite Janissary army be countered?

How can a massive Elite Janissary army be countered?

CommandoDude

发布26 May 2012 - 8:57 am
Don't do Skirms. Aweful against gunpowder units. Gunpowder units work best at close range since they miss sometimes at long range. Skirms low damage/short range just makes them fodder.

Spam Arbalests, and use cavaliers to screen if you can (they'll kill any Hussars he can throw out and draw away some fire).
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 [DZ]_HERACLES_

发布26 May 2012 - 9:22 am
@ he was asking about RM,not CS.

In RM,cost must be the basic consideration for a counter....arbalest does help a lot an is a counter.....but mixing it with hussarit would do really well...

Just make trash units such as skims and hussar..they work pretty well
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 [ A ]lVl0NsT3lZ

发布26 May 2012 - 11:32 am
Use Heavy Scorpions and Good with Elite War Wagon but with Korean
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 xThomas

发布26 May 2012 - 11:36 am
There are THREE considerations I always take into account
1. Can my economy support this? If so, for how long?
2. Will this unit do any damage? If it only does a little, what can I use to weaken the enemy before I send them in
3. Do I HAVE to fight here?

Now, to me it sounds like post imp... going skirms should not work at this point. Ecos are huge enough to afford gold. Skirms won't slow him down, it will only kill a few jannies, at least by themselves, and skirms will easily die to a wave of cavalry

The janni guy would be pushing with treb or cannon to knock down viking buildings, having the jannis kill anything that gets close and allowing this push to go on.. basically forever. Anything Vikings send at the enemy army will get mowed down. What I'd do depends a lot on the terrain & enemy formations. I'm going to assume the jannisaries are staggered far apart with cannons behind.. imo, the IDEAL option would be to have a bunch rams filled up with champions (yes you heard me right) and then ungarrisoned right in the middle of all those jannies. I also want to have an army of light cavalry coming to FINISH IT OFF.
Unforunately due to lag and multiplayer and simply not having a town bell effect for rams, we don't have the time to garrison rams and thus, the ideal option is unusable. If there was a quick way to garrison rams, like say a drumbeat, this would be viable. but if you can pause the game, this should work cuz jannies have no time to cut down the infantry before they get there, and that's the real reason they always kill them.
But the other situation is clumps of jannis with supporting cannons and bbtower. Also sucks. I never cracked this egg with Vikings. Even aztecs are better, cuz they have siege onnies.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 DemocracyofGods

发布3 June 2012 - 5:34 am
Vikings kills mass Jans easily with 20 siege rams and 40 arbalests. Jans are extremely weak vs siege rams.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 _Sharp_

发布18 August 2012 - 8:54 am
WMD.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 Keepo

发布18 August 2012 - 10:12 am
Good wrote:
Siege is the key.... Siege Onagers and Siege Rams.... Rams take the fire and Onagers kill the Jans.
ok hten hussar owns u gb
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 RIP_beatit

发布18 August 2012 - 10:17 am
Use subotai or martel
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 DarkVim

发布23 November 2012 - 1:57 am
MASSES OF ELITE TEUTONIC KNIGHTS
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 [Eot_]DJ

发布23 November 2012 - 3:16 am
khanz/sabs

+1.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 james@voobly

Voobly Team

发布23 November 2012 - 3:42 am
Siege rams tanking the damage, with skirms + arbas killing the jans.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 [I3acI]Hyperion_

发布20 January 2013 - 10:22 am
why do people keep providing other civs for this topic, the guy asked how to counter with vikings lol, Elite husks are not in viking civ, nor are the ew.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 [flco]Samurai__94JacK

发布20 January 2013 - 12:20 pm
try mass skrims it will work for sure.
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 [_HUnTeR_]Unlight

发布24 January 2013 - 2:37 am
he asked 3 years ago rofl
链接 | 回复 | 引用
 ComBoT

编辑29 March 2013 - 2:42 pm通过ComBoT
Actually i think in 1vs1 games, the most important issue of the game play is the gold that you are able to use...so basically if you are vik vs Turk...turk can make at least 4-5 castles so his janissaries spawn time isn't so fast so you have just to outpop him. How? Making tons of archery range where you'll do elite skirmish plus 3-4-5 spawns for siege rams...you'll win easy this way...because he'll run out pretty fast making just janissaries. That tactic is send tons of rams in the first line so janny will be distracted plus you'll be able to take down the castles and others constructions, meanwhile you send the skirms few seca after the rams and gg :)
If he starts making hussars just make pikes + light cavalry\hussars( can't remember which one viks has)
but remember if you pretend to play a late game since viks have a better eco you'll have to sell fastly food + wood at the market so turk's gold will be very limited !!!!

If he makes bombard towers + bombards + "cannoners" from archery range + hussars = you'll have a really hard time but you have just to resist a few because he'll run out of gold very fast !!! Counter, in my opinion rams + skirms/arbalest(in this case might be better but not essentially) + light cavalry + trebs + pikes !!!

链接 | 回复 | 引用
123[4]567
从 46 60中展现95 - 0
讨论区跳转:
4用户正在阅读这个话题 (在过去的30分钟)
1成员3游客
Google

What's popular right now: